BiNA Office Furniture • Online Shopping • Call: 516-248-5858
BiNA Discount Office Furniture » Deals & Discounts »
No Surgery Needed
Bring BiNA Office Furniture in to heal your doctor office blues. We're able to help you plan out the best use of your waiting room space to maximize capacity and provide comfort for your patient visitors.
Keep your office in top-top health with HIPAA compliant medical patient filing for your records room. We work with you to get the best filing solution for your dollars.
Photo courtesy New York Medical Weight Loss Center
HIPAA Compliant Medical File Cabinets
Medical Patient File Cabinet
BiNA Office Furniture is known for our quality file cabinets for many office applications. We're your office furniture place for medical patient filing solutions, including x-rays and more. We can accommodate letter and legal sized filing and folders and boxes too.
We offer a full-service selection of storage solutions for your documents. Just tell us what you're needing to store and how much room you have to store it!
It's been said:
... but there's no need for that! You can store your office items appropriately with the right storage solutions, available direct from BiNA Office Furniture, your place for office furniture in New York!
A clean desk is a sure sign of a cluttered desk drawer!
Sturdy Wood BookcasesScore big points by getting it off the ground, with our sturdy wood bookcases available in different sizes and colors, with adjustable shelves you can arrange to suit your bookshelf needs.
Need super strong shelves?Ask about our industrial grade steel shelving options, for just about any application, from x-rays to redwell folders. Just let us know what you need to store and how much space you have to store it!
Hi-Density FilingNeed more storage? Let us suit up your storage area with our various high density filing solutions, with sliding rails or other options, including HIPAA compliant locking doors.
Lateral File CabinetsWe're the experts on custom and standard style filing and storage solutions. Let us know what you're needing to store and what office space you have available to store it. We'll do the rest, and you can keep a clear desk, and a clear mind, about storing your important documents and folders.
Looking for used file cabinets?Save big on heavy duty metal lateral file cabinets here at BiNA Office Furniture, your place for big savings and top quality products.
How to Become a HIPAA Compliant Medical Office
This article describe how to become HIPAA compliant for medical offices and handlers of patient health informationThis article provided as a public service. Bina Office Furniture is not responsible for its contents or your results.
- Follow phone protocols. A medical offices must have specific guidelines for what information is given over the phone. Certain individuals like health insurance reps or family members might have clearance to be told patient information, but other callers should be given only basic information that does not violate HIPAA.
- Protect workstations. A computer should always be locked when the person who uses it is away from the desk. This is to prevent unauthorized use.
- Protect papers. Documents like medical claims and bills should be turned face down when the person who is responsible for them is away from the desk. The files must be kept in secure containers where they can't be read by someone passing by.
- Use HIPAA compliant waste baskets and shredders. Some offices have color-coded trash bins, one set for regular trash like apple cores and gum wrappers, and another covered set of bins for documents. The documents that go in the secure bins get shredded every day. The other trash bins get emptied by cleaning people at night.
- Educate. A well-informed staff will be more adept at following HIPAA regulations, and they'll know why they're doing it. Conversations about the laws are good, and help to get everybody on the same page.
- HIPAA will affect the way that your organization handles health care records, information, and transactions. Your organization will need to comply with the HIPAA security, privacy, and management requirements for electronic healthcare information. Healthcare organizations will be required to address the following four areas as defined by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS):
- Administrative procedures — Procedures for establishing and enforcing security policies
- Physical safeguards — Safeguards that protect physical computer and network facilities
- Technical security services — Services that protect,control, and monitor access to health care information
- Technical security mechanisms — Mechanisms for protecting information and restricting access to data transmitted over networks
- The entire service and product delivery cycle must become HIPAA aware and where needed, brought into compliance. Information and data security will need to become a priority throughout your organization. In order to satisfactorily comply with this Act, your organization will need to assess which areas are susceptible to electronic vulnerabilities and identify where your information management practices are inadequate. Your network, systems, procedures and appropriate personnel will require a comprehensive review. Your operation will need to undergo a thorough risk assessment. Although such a thorough analysis may seem extreme, it is necessary to establish a strong foundation from which your operation will be able to build areliable information security posture. Your management and technical teams will need to develop a comprehensive plan to become HIPAA compliant. In particular your organization will need to:
- Develop a course of action outlining detailed roles, responsibilities and time frames for HIPAA compliancy
- Determine the impact of the electronic healthcare information transactions and identifier standards on your organization
- Enable and adjust your organization's current environment to support standard HIPAA electronic transactions
This article provided as a public service. Bina Office Furniture is not responsible for its contents or your results. Article adapted from wikiHow
Discount Office Furniture Specials
Your Prescription for Success? BiNA Office Furniture
Create Your Own Health Care Reform...
Clean Up Your Office Space!
HIPAA Compliant Medical Filing
Discount Office Furniture Dealer metro New York City and Long Island, NY. Visit Long Island's Most Complete Office Furniture Showroom, today! Call BiNA Office Furniture 516-248-5858